520 is a steel touring bike made for the open road. It's the longest-running model in Trek's lineup, and it's built to carry you and your gear on your longest journeys. Rack and fender mounts, a wide range of gearing for climbing, and a stable touring geometry make it the perfect choice for loaded multi-day trips and comfortable all-day adventures.
It's right for you if...
You measure the success of a ride in the number of beautiful views, and when you're not riding you're likely to be found planning your next escape. You hear the call of the open road, and want a stable touring bike that's just as capable of carrying a heavy load on multi-day trips as it is on everyday rides.
The tech you get
A road-smoothing chromoly steel frame, alloy disc touring fork with a ThruSkew captured quick release skewer, wide-range 27-speed drivetrain that's great for hauling a heavy load up hills, Shimano Sora brake/shift levers, Bontrager Tubeless Ready wheels with puncture-resistant tires, included front and rear racks, and all-weather mechanical disc brakes.
The final word
520 is a comfortable steel workhorse that's capable of everything from daily rides to expedition tours. It's ready for adventure right out of the box, with an included rear rack and a drivetrain that's ideal for hauling a heavy load.
Why you'll love it
- 520 is built to hold up, and it's super reliable over the long haul—you'll leave this bike to someone in your will
- ThruSkew ensures the front wheel will never drop out unintentionally, and makes it easier to remove your wheel without removing all of your front cargo
- There's no better way to see the world than from the saddle, and this is the bike that answers your wanderlust
- All-weather disc brakes and puncture-resistant tires give you the confidence to take on bigger adventures in any conditions
- It's the longest-running model in our lineup, and we've kept it around so long because it's one of the best-loved, too
|Frame||Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack & fender mounts|
|Fork||Alloy disc touring fork w/lowrider mounts and Thru-skew captured skewer system|
|Headset||1-1/8" threadless, sealed cartridge bearings|
|Rims||Bontrager Affinity, Tubeless Ready, 36h|
|Tires||Bontrager H1 Hard-case Ultimate, 700x38c w/reflective sidewall|
|Crankset||Shimano Alivio, 2-piece|
|Chainrings||48X36X26T w/chain guard|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Sora, 34.9mm clamp-type|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Alivio 9 speed, Shadow Design|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Sora, 9 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts|
|Brakes||TRP Spyre C 2.0 mechanical disc|
|Pedals||Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage, toe-clip/strap|
|Saddle||Bontrager Evoke 1.5|
|Seat Post||Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.