"MTB's in the Trees". Photo by Chris Kochanski.
NEHSCA: New England High Cycling Association
Do you have a kiddo in grade 5 thru 12 that likes to mountain bike? Then sign them up for NEHSCA!
NEHSCA is New England's Youth Mountain Bike League and is a great opportunity for kids to learn to ride or improve upon the skills they have.
2019 Races run April 20th thru June 8th and are open to boys & girls of ALL abilities. Entering races is encouraged but NOT mandatory. The purpose of the league is to instill a love of mountain biking as well as build confidence & healthy habits in kids.
Racing Categories by Age Group:
- Grades 5 - 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grades 9
- Grade 10
- Junior Varsity (grades 11 - 12)
- Varsity (all grades, but must be qualified by the league)
NEHSCA 2019 Spring Race Series:
- 4/20/19 Schofield Farm - Cumberland, RI
- 4/27/19 Wompatuck State Park - Hingham, MA (PERMIT PENDING)
- 5/11/19 TBD
- 5/18/19 508 International - Charlton, MA
- 6/1/19 Stratham Hill Park - Stratham, NH
- 6/8/19 Greenfield, NH
Here's the rundown of Registering:
- League membership is $115 with discounts available for families.
- There is a $20 fee (paid at the event) per race your child actually races in.
- Team jerseys are mandatory - so don't forget to order your jersey at registration as well.
- Jerseys are proudly made by Craft Sportswear and cost just $40!
Here's the rundown on Early Registration:
- 1/31/19 is deadline for early registration.
- All team jersey orders placed by 1/31/19 will be received by mid-April.
- Everyone registered by 1/31/19 will receive a free NEHSCA league t-shirt.
- Everyone registered by 1/31/19 will receive a custom number plate with their name on it.
Here's the rundown on Late Registration:
- A second late registration round will happen between 2/1/19 - 2/28/19.
- If you register in the later registration round, you will not get a free t-shirt.
- You will receive a regular number plate and NOT one customized with your name.
- Your team jersey order will arrive mid-May ( and NOT in April).
- NEHSCA is therefore encouraging everyone to please register by 1/31/19.
You can also volunteer as a coach on team registration pages. It's free to do so and training will be provided.
For Wompatuck Warriors (the Bikebarn sponsored team), register here:
To find and register with another team near you, click here: